Selection Criteria for Participating in Our Video Shoots
Campus Men helps students propel themselves in their career by appearing in popular, informative videos. Our acceptance terms differ, based on the type of content we film. See the table below:
|Spokemodel Type*||Requirement for Attending Our Video Shoot(s)||Quantity of Openings||Participation Terms|
Resident of the USA or Canada.
Submit 20 Topics through our Self-Publishing Tool (Buying-Guide topics must be completed before any other type of topics can be submitted.)
Be able to memorize written dialogue
Be able to enunciate coherently
|3 for each sport||Terms and terms on this page|
Resident of the USA or Canada.
Submit example video
|12+ (1 for each muscle type)||Terms|
|Other topics||We are only currently making videos for athletics topics and weightlifting exercises.||None|
* Topic types cannot be combined at shoots.
Acceptance Terms for Students Appearing Choosing Exercise Instruction Videos
Our spokemodels for exercises are not required to use our Self-Publishing Tool (mentioned on this page). We have different requirements for Spokesmodels for Sports topics. All exercises have been pre-written and we do not need Spokemodels for Exercises to have writing skills. Read these Terms if you wish to appear in Exercise Videos.
Acceptance Terms for Students Appearing in Athletic Topics
We pay athletes who use our Self-Publishing Tool to add informative topics to our site. We also pay some of these students for appearing in videos of their own tips - which we film. To become eligible to be invited to attend a video shoot, you must live within driving distance of one of the 15 campuses we will visit and must submit and complete 20 filmable topics using our Self-Publishing Tool.
You do this from your home. We will send you a check through the U.S. Mail for these submissions.
Locations of Video Shoots
Shoots are Held Near These 15 Possible Locations
- Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ)
- Ohio State University (Columbus, OH)
- Texas A&M University - College Station (College Station, TX)
- University of Florida (Gainesville, FL)
- Michigan State University (East Lansing, MI)
- Indiana University Bloomington (Bloomington, IN)
- Pennsylvania State University - University Park (University Park, PA)
- University of Minnesota - Twin Cities (Minneapolis, MN)
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Champaign, IL)
- University of Michigan - Ann Arbor (Ann Arbor, MI)
- University of Wisconsin - Madison (Madison, WI)
- Purdue University - West Lafayette (West Lafayette, IN)
- Iowa State University (Ames, IA)
- University of Missouri - Columbia (Columbia, MO)
- Kansas State University (Manhatten, KS)
Before starting to submit content to our Self-Publishing Tool, it is important you understand, there is no guarantee of when or where a video shoot will be held or even if you will ever participate in a video shoot.
Some Topics Not Filmable
You will get paid for every topic you complete using our Self-Publishing Tool (that is not plagiarized and meets our minimum quality standards) but not every topic available in our Self-Publishing Tool is eligible to be made into a video. We tend to choose topics that involve gear, do not involve a lot of movement across a distance and which only require one student on camera. For example, we shy away from filming running across a field or a wrestling move involving pinning another person. If you only want to choose topics that can be made into videos, only choose topics that show a rate for Video in our topic list.
Buying-Guide Topics Must Be Filmed
“Buying-Guide videos” will be filmed at your first video shoot. Once all buying-guide videos are filmed in your chosen sport, you can choose to film other topics, such as training fundamentals topics.
To Get Started, First Choose and Submit One Buying-Guide Topic
To be compensated (and be part of our program), you must first submit one buying-guide topic using our "Self-Publishing Tool" and have it approved by our editors. (We compensate you for using our "Self-Publishing Tool" after we approve what you submitted and may request that you improve your submission. You must make changes to your topic before we will compensate you.)
(The text you submit through our tool must be original and must not be copied from other websites.)
If you make the requested changes, or staff will email you to inform you that you have been selected for the program.
If you are not selected for the program, your submission will not be published on our site and you will not be compensated. Additionally, if you are not selected for the program, you can deactivate your account by logging into our site, visiting the "account settings" page and clicking "Deactivate Account." If your profile page(s) are not removed form our site within three days, please contact us (via email) to request for us to delete any profile pages.
Shoot Not Guaranteed
Meeting our 20 topic quantity requirement does not guarantee you will be invited to a video shoot. It is up to our sole discretion as to who we invite to our shoots. There are many arrangements that must be made and logistics and scheduling challenges that must be overcome before a video shoot can occur.
It is entirely possible for you to use our Self-Publishing Tool, meet our 20 topic requirement, and never get invited to a shoot. However, you will be compensated for using our Self-Publishing Tool (provided you were accepted into our program.)
We reserve the right to require you to read a script during a telephone call or video call (before a video shoot is scheduled) to prove you can properly enunciate scripted dialogue in a coherent manner, and can memorize dialogue.
If you are unable to properly enunciate scripted dialogue in a coherent manner, or unable to memorize dialogue, we reserve the right to not invite you to a shoot.
If a video shoot is never held, but you have been compensated for your submissions, we will continue to offer your submissions on our site.
- Terms governing use of our "Self-Publishing Tool" are available here.
- You must be a resident of the USA or Canada to participate in a video shoot.
- If you are under 18, your parents will need to give us written permission before you can be invited to a video shoot.
- There is no cost to you for participating in our shoots.
- If the quality of your tips declines over time, we reserve the right to not invite you to a one of our shoots.
- You agree not to publish the video or text for your Tip created during or for your shoot on Youtube, Facebook or any other website.